Sunday, January 18, 2009

A WinTer DaY at the SMitH FaRm!!

A quick follow-up on our Saturday:

We worked our shift at the Temple in the morning, then had the afternoon shift at the Joseph Smith Farm. We had 31 visitors from 1:00 to 5:00 pm. I think nearly all of them also visited the Sacred Grove after their tour of the Welcome Center and the Log Home and the Frame Home (our 1/2 mi. walking tour). The Sacred Grove walk meant "breaking trail" thru the snow -- and they'd come back nearly frozen. Then they'd thaw out a little and say how they loved the tour and the Grove.

It was the beginning of the 3-day holiday weekend I guess that brought more people than usual. Some of them were Dental students from Buffalo and their little families, and some were from Utah and around that were taking advantage of Southwest Airlines half-price special "if you fly to or thru Buffalo, NY."

All is well, we too "thawed out" after our busy afternoon!!!

SNOWY and COLD!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I left you a comment yesterday, but today it wasn't here....strange! I just said that sorry you were having such a cold spell...but glad that you are OK. Things here are good too, very nice and sunny and relatively warm...take care

Kristi said...

Ok, so I'm a little slow! I left the comment on the other post, so you DID get it. I just didn't! oops, also, your arm looked wicked! Hope you get feeling better soon (and in nowadays talk, wicked is awesome also!)

MarJean and Rich said...

Your arm does look painful, and I hope you didn't tear your rotator-cuff like I did when I had a fall 2 years ago. You are doing a great work there. I love thinking about the Sacred Grove, and the experience I had there when only 10 years old. That was truly the beginnings of my testimony.
May you mend quickly.
Our mission papers are almost complete, and we should have them in by the end of Feb. We will let you know when we receive "The Call." We love you and miss your smiling faces, but know you are where you should be.

MarJean & Rich